Dive site management and taxonomy test

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 07:01:12 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2015 at 03:33:02PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
>> Taxonomy BUG #1
>>
>> tags are not updated if I change tags format form preferences: the new
>> format is applied only to dive sites without tags.
>> If a dive site has already some taxonomy applied this is not updated
>> via the globe button :)
>
> This confuses me. Maybe I don't quite understand what you are saying.
>
> The current version should store all information that we get from the
> service. And simply display the ones you pick.
>
> So if you change preferences... that should just update what's shown.
> This of course only works for those dives for which you have downloaded
> data. We no longer try to force download it for all dives. So you need to
> (currently!!! this will of course change) do this dive by dive.

Sorry, now it works.
Actually sometimes it need more than five seconds to load tags and
sometimes tags are not refreshed. I resized my windows and they were
updated.

>> I'm playing with taxonomy and I get really strange results... I know,
>> it depends on the service we use. I will check there manually.
>
> Can you be more specific? The geonames.org service gave me reasonable
> values for most places that I picked - but admittedly I only tested a
> dozen or so of my own dive sites and I never dive in lakes or other inland
> waters. I did get an "Ocean unknown" on one of my frequent sites and I'm
> trying to find out how to fix that in the source data (as geonames.org is
> in theory a service based on user contributed data).

I registered there and once registered you could able to modify them
in a google map web app.
I will try later because I found a lot of errors on my dives here in
Italy. I suppose this is mainly for lack of user contribution...
Geonames.org here I came!!!!

Just a question. Do you use GPS data to query locations?
I'm trying on geonames.org and I'm getting different data with gps and
location names.

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos