Segfault with lastest master

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 17:55:34 PDT 2015

On 11 July 2015 at 10:42, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 10:36:42AM +1000, Rick Walsh wrote:
> > Hi Dirk,
> >
> > On 11 July 2015 at 10:29, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > > So this is an odd infinite recursion. I can clearly see how it could
> > > happen - but if you have a current Subsurface it should not happen.
> > > Let me guess, you updated marble but not Subsurface?
> > >
> > > Anyway, I have pushed a quick fix to marble/Subsurface-testing which
> > > should address that silly problem.
> > >

> > Thanks, you fix to marble works.
> >
> > But I am running the latest Subsurface master:
> >  commit d8ca04626589221c5f7c178e882cfaa4c095ce2a
>
> Strange. The only way the infinite recursion could have happened was if
> you didn't have marbledata/bitmaps/empty.png

Interesting.  I have empty.png there, and I can open it.

> Is there any reason why that would not be present in whatever path Marble
> is looking in for you? Are you installing things locally? Are you running
> out of your build tree?

The build.sh script installs everything to the install-root directory.
Before running install-root/bin/subsurface I need to add install-root/lib
to LD_LIBRARY.  I've set up a script called start-subsurface to do this.

Otherwise (and more often), I just run ./subsurface from inside
subsurface/build.  Neither way was working until your latest Marble patch.
Both ways work now.

Rick