Segfault with lastest master

Rick Walsh rickmwalsh at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 19:18:12 PDT 2015

On 11 July 2015 at 12:09, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11 July 2015 at 11:22, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 10, 2015, at 17:55, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Strange. The only way the infinite recursion could have happened was if
>>> you didn't have marbledata/bitmaps/empty.png
>>>

>> Interesting.  I have empty.png there, and I can open it.
>>

>>> Is there any reason why that would not be present in whatever path Marble
>>> is looking in for you? Are you installing things locally? Are you running
>>> out of your build tree?
>>>

>> The build.sh script installs everything to the install-root directory.
>> Before running install-root/bin/subsurface I need to add install-root/lib
>> to LD_LIBRARY.  I've set up a script called start-subsurface to do this.
>>
>> Otherwise (and more often), I just run ./subsurface from inside
>> subsurface/build.  Neither way was working until your latest Marble patch.
>> Both ways work now.
>>

>> I'd love to know why it didn't find empty.png... Can you recompile marble
>> and add a #define DEBUG 1 to src/lib/marble/MarblePath.cpp ( that's from
>> memory, I'm on my phone)
>>

> Yes, the file is there.  I added #define DEBUG 1 to MarblePath.cpp, re-ran
> make in marble-source/build then again in subsurface/build.
>
> Is this the output you're interested in?
>  (gdb) run
> Starting program: /home/rick/build/subsurface/build/subsurface
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
> Map theme file does not exist: ""
> QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
> such file or directory
> [New Thread 0x7fff81bf9700 (LWP 19105)]
> [Thread 0x7fff81bf9700 (LWP 19105) exited]

Ah, I tell a lie.  I can't find MarblePath.cpp.  That output was after
adding the debug line to MarbleMap.cpp, but perhaps my inability to read a
file name could have been useful.
Just a stab in the dark, but are we getting to here in MarbleMap.cpp?  From
line 709:

void MarbleMapPrivate::setDocument( QString key )
{
    if ( !m_model->mapTheme() ) {
        // Happens if no valid map theme is set or at application startup
        // if a file is passed via command line parameters and the last
        // map theme has not been loaded yet
        /**
         * @todo Do we need to queue the document and process it once a map
         * theme becomes available?