Segfault with lastest master

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jul 11 06:11:16 PDT 2015

On Sat, Jul 11, 2015 at 07:16:32PM +1000, Rick Walsh wrote:

> Can I recall that email?  The link points where it should.
>
> I can see a few problems in the output.  First is that rather than trying
> to open /home/rick/build/subsurface/build/marbledata/bitmaps/xxx it's
> trying to open /bitmaps/xxx
>
> Next, it's trying to open kml files in the placemarks directory, which
> doesn't exist.
>
> And thirdly, it's trying to open bitmap files that don't exist.
>
> Full output is:
>
> fullpath /bitmaps/default_location.png results in
> fullpath /bitmaps/empty.png results in

Yeah, so this is the one that used to cause you the crash.
It somehow tried to open the default_location.png file before internally
the paths were set up correctly. And then it didn't find the empty.png
file, either, and went into infinite recursion.

But this gives me something to work with to understand why it would do
such a thing for you but not for me in my testing.

Thanks for helping to track this down.