More Location Fixes.

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Mon Jul 13 12:24:44 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Linus Torvalds <
torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 12:00 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > Just to be sure:
> > If I have a dive with divesite "Yellow House" with gps coords
> > then I write on it's dive site the name "Leeds", it should reject
> because I
> > have gps coords?
>
> So what I _think_ should happen is that you just create a new
> dive-site. You have a completely new dive site with a new name, and
> whatever GPS it had from before. Of course, if that "new name and GPS"
> then happens to match another dive site, at that point the two
> matching ones would be the same.
>
> But I think this depends on the interface. I think there are two very
> different models at play, and both are valid:
>
>  (a) when you are editing a dive (or multiple dives) I really think
> that you need to automatically (and silently) just create new
> divesites when somebody edits things (and this would be true whether
> the name changed or the GPS location changed, or both changed).
>
>      So this would be the "quick-edit" thing as part of the dive location.

I'll focus on this part since it's what I'm doing now - there's no Dive
Site Management Mode yet.

Imagine that you have a dive with dive_site.name = "Blue Hole" with coords,
but it was a mistake and you wanna change to "Turtle Reef"

If the user types the name of a dive site, let's say "Turtle Reef", it
should list on the dropdown
the list of all Turtle Reefs that it currently has ( plus the taxonomy or
the gps coords if taxonomy is not found )
( now I also think I should add the coords even if the taxonomy is found
because we can have two 'blue holes' in
the same country / place and such )

If the user clicks on a particular Turtle Reef from the drop down, it will
select *that* dive_site to be the dive's dive site, replacing coords.

If the user clicks in nothing ( but changed the name of the dive site to
Turtle Reef),
the user will have yet another Turtle Reef dive site created for him with
no GPS coords.

now here I can:
1 - copy the coords from the old dive site
2 - leave without no gps coords and ask him to enter it again.
3 - Change the name of the the dive_site to be 'turtle reef'
4 - Select the first Turtle Reef from the dive_table ans set it ( this is
what my last patch does )

I'll create the code for 1.

And - I wanna make something that will make you happy and not hatred, so
that's why I'm asking a lot of questions here.