different segfault with lastest master

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Jul 13 14:40:03 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 2:37 PM, Linus Torvalds

> I'm wondering if maybe your "Fix memory handling for taxonomy data"
> commit fixed it. I ended up recompiling due to the debug patch, so I'm
> now running a different version of subsurface than I was when I saw it
> originally.

That said, the code I suspect hasn't changed at all.

So I'm wondering if it hit me two days ago because the geolocation
service had issues, and now I can't trigger it at all any more because
the geolocation returns good data.

Because even day befoer yesterday I could not reproduce it with any
kind of reliability. But today I haven't seen it trigger at all.

                     Linus