OSTCTools import support

Salvador Cuñat salvador.cunat at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 00:45:31 PDT 2015

Hi Anton, i'm on the phone, so expect every kind of sintax errors.

El 12/07/2015 20:53, "Salvador Cuñat" <salvador.cunat at gmail.com> escribió:

> > Looks like the first byte is a version(?) marker to. 0x64 in the old
> > files in dives/ and 0x65 in the ones posted on the forum.
> >

> Yes it's correct, but this byte doesn't seem to be related to the
> software tool but to the data type downloaded from the dc.  This way,
> it happens to be 0x64 for OSTC 2N and 0x65 for OSTC3 (I've dowloaded
> recent dives with latest release and the files are still marked 0x64
> and seem to be just the same structure than older files).

You were right and me absolutely wrong because my software wasn't the
latest release. Stupid me.
0x65 type uses 3rd, 4th and 5th bytes of the file. 4th and 5th are the
device's serial number, while 3rd looks like a marker for the model (2 for
my 2N and 3 for OSTC3).
The rest of the file seems to have the  same structure.

In actual situation, we can parse both file types as we use the unchanged
data structure, which looks better to me, and will just use the model
marker once we get some .dive files from other hwOS models.

Regards.

Salva.