GSoC Status - Week 7 (Customizable prints)

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 03:15:03 PDT 2015

On 14 July 2015 at 00:16, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:

> Should I convert the dive profile to QImage during previewing only or should
> I convert it during actual printing also which will affect the printing
> quality?

i can't build ATM, but i think the logic here is a bit wrong:
https://github.com/Gehadelrobey/subsurface/commit/d5b9e8424f82f4960d44a2f16abda1cbf27d7673

"We must pass a QPaintDevice with type QPixmap for previewing and with
type QPrinter for actual printing."

does that include QPrintPreviewDialog as well? if so that's wrong.
you can use a QPixmap if you are rendering an image to be shown in the
template edit dialog, but the actual QPrintPreviewDialog contents
should be pretty much the same as the printed contents (on a hardcopy
or in a PDF).

lubomir