More Location Fixes.

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 06:52:39 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 3:40 PM, Rick Walsh <rickmwalsh at gmail.com> wrote:
> Happy Bastille day all,

Happy Bastille to you :)

> If the dive already has gps data, I can't see the value of autocompleting
> the name based on other names,  unless the options are limited to sites at
> about the same location, or sites that don't yet have coordinates. If the
> user types anything else, it should be a new site.  It really doesn't matter
> that's there's another site called House Reef or Blue Hole; it's still a
> different site.

I see you point. I forgot to mention it in my previous email.
Actually this involve a "pre-check" or pre-filtering selections once
GPS data are imported.

>> BRANCH #FOUR
>>
>> 1. empty location field
>>
>> 1.2. GPS data (e.g. from Subsurface web service - dive site with no name)
>> 1.2.1. user types in name, picks one of the completions
>> 1.2.1.1 completion has GPS data
>> 1.2.1.1.1 completion GPS data fall within a certain range into the incoming GPS data
>>
>> The dive will reference the dive site already there.

> Of course. The question is do we want to use the old or new gps coordinates for the site?

Good point. I would keep always the same gps data otherwise, 20m at
the time we could silently drift of 200m after 10 dives there.
Actually the best option would be to ask to the user...

Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos