build fails: -DSSRF_CUSTOM_SERIAL / dc_serial_t

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 14 06:54:40 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 01:02:42PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> hello,
>
> i'm building libdc from the latest:
> git://subsurface-divelog.org/libdc

which branch? master or Subsurface-testing or something else?

> i've noticed that -DSSRF_CUSTOM_SERIAL is need so that:
> rc = hw_ostc_parser_create (&parser, data->context, data->deviceid, 0);
> works in libdc_buffer_parser() (libdivecomputer.c) with the extra argument.

This gets defined in version.h in libdivecomputer when you have the latest
Subsurface-testing branch. But one thing that I have noticed is that this
file doesn't always get reliably recreated by the libdivecomputer build
system. So if you are on the latest Subsurface-testing branch and you
don't get that define, please remove the version.h from your build
directory and try again.

> i understand that this adds some sort of custom serial support, but
> why don't we have this in the cmake options?

Because we get it from libdivecomputer.

> adding the definition manually solves the above issue, but now i get a:
> libdivecomputer.h:58:38: error: 'dc_serial_t' was not declared in this scope

Which makes me think that you are on the wrong branch in libdc