More Location Fixes.

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 07:33:12 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> This will require a significant amount of code change / code addition.
> I'm not saying it can't be done, but I'm not sure we'll have it in the
> next version.

CANCELLED

>> > Of course. The question is do we want to use the old or new gps coordinates for the site?
>>
>> Good point. I would keep always the same gps data otherwise, 20m at
>> the time we could silently drift of 200m after 10 dives there.
>> Actually the best option would be to ask to the user...
>
> If the user is just editing a dive and she picks an existing dive site
> from the drop down, that should pick that dive site and NOT MODIFY IT.
> If the user wants to modify the existing dive site, that needs to happen
> in the yet to be implemented dive site management system.

OK. You pick an existing one and you stick with its whole data.

> There is one exception to the rule. 1.2.1.2 (Davide forgot to number
> this one). User starts with an empty location field but we have GPS data
> for this dive, user types in a name, picks an auto completion and the
> auto completion has no GPS data. Then and only then should we modify the
> auto completion and add the GPS data.
>
> /D

Ouch, Actually it's there but I numbered it in a wrong way. It's Branch #Six

BRANCH #SIX

1. empty location field
1.2. GPS data (e.g. from Subsurface web service - dive site with no name)
1.2.1. user types in name, picks one of the completions
1.2.1.2 completion has not GPS data

The dive will reference the dive site already there and GPS data will be added.

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos