Location, location, location

Dirk H dirkhh at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 16:45:28 PDT 2015

So this is what Tomaz and I have come up with so far... there are a couple
minor issues with the current code so it isn't in master, yet, but I think
we are making progress.

The first screen shot shows what happens when I'm on a dive that has GPS
information (so I'm either overwriting an existing name or I downloaded GPS
fixes from the web service).
I typed the first letter. It shows a ton of completions. For those with GPS
information it shows the taxonomy or if that hasn't been downloaded the GPS
data plus the approximate distance. And it marks those as "Pick site:"
telling you that you are picking that site - you are replacing the current
site with that site.
The first line is special, it's the first completion from the list below,
but just that name. As the explanation text says... that's how you create a
dive site with that name.

​
Now as you type in more letters, the first completion line changes and is
always the first entry in the list below, only used to create a new site
with that name and your current GPS data instead of picking a site

So now I have "Blu" which completes to Blue Corner, Blue Grotto or Blue
Hole.
You also see an example of a dive site with no GPS data in that list.
If you were to pick that site, we will add the GPS data in your current
dive to that site.

Now assume you have no GPS data. Here's what you'd see:

no distances of course, but still the offer to either create a site with
the first auto completion name or to pick an existing site, with or without
GPS data.

/D

PS: sorry for sending this from gmail... but editing HTML email with
embedded pictures is a bit of a pain from mutt :-)
​