Location, location, location

Tomaz Canabrava tcanabrava at kde.org
Wed Jul 15 06:20:24 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 10:15 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen <
subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 2:05 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org>
> wrote:
>
>> That's an auto complete feature, it you don't auto complete, the name you
>> input is used, if you auto complete, the auto complete is used. We can make
>> it a bit more explicit (maybe creating yet another entry on the drop-down
>> with the current text, but I really think that auto complete for the
>> current text is not really useful)
>>
> Oh, then I guess we disagree.
>
> I think "Blu - Create dive site with this name" is *very* useful:  it's a
> nice, unambiguous and readable way to explicitly create a new dive site,
> and it blends beautifully together with the autocompleted list.
>
> The autocompleted "Blue Corner - Create dive site with this name" is not
> useful IMHO.  How often would you create a new site with the exact same
> name as one that is already existing?  I think this would only create
> confusion.
>
> Henrik

Well, Take a look about linus rant from yesterday, in the other location
e-mail.
He stated that "There are many dive sites with same names, for instance
"Turtle Reel" or "Blue Hole" so he wanted to have a way to autocomplete the
name without copying the dive site coordinates.