Location, location, location

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jul 15 06:36:07 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 02:09:02PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 1:45 AM, Dirk H <dirkhh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > So this is what Tomaz and I have come up with so far... there are a couple
> > minor issues with the current code so it isn't in master, yet, but I think
> > we are making progress.
> >
> > I like it.
>
> Just one question. How the two ways of work with the companion app impact
> on this implementation?
> I mean: I can add gps point and then add names or the contrary.
> If I add names before gps points how can update my dive sites later with
> gps points coming from the companion app?

Of course. If your current dive has no GPS data, you can either type in a
new name or autocomplete to a name without GPS data. If you then, later,
download the GPS data it will be added.

But of course the new design is much more useful if you download the GPS
data first. Because then it will show you sites nearby and will make it
even easier to figure out the correct information. It shows you distances
to the proposed autocompletions, etc.

But either way it will work