Location, location, location

Martin Gysel me at bearsh.org
Thu Jul 16 05:36:28 PDT 2015

Am 15.07.2015 um 10:10 schrieb Henrik Brautaset Aronsen:
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 1:45 AM, Dirk H <dirkhh at gmail.com
> <mailto:dirkhh at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     So now I have "Blu" which completes to Blue Corner, Blue Grotto or
>     Blue Hole.
>     You also see an example of a dive site with no GPS data in that list.
>     If you were to pick that site, we will add the GPS data in your
>     current dive to that site.
>
>     Now assume you have no GPS data. Here's what you'd see:
>

> This looks really good!   But how do I create a new dive site with the
> name "Blu"?  That first line in the pull down (with create dive site)
> shouldn't perform autocompletion, should it?
>
> Henrik

I've just skimmed though the thread and think there's an easy way to
make everyone happy

do the autocompletion in the Location text field. the letters type are
black, the completion gray. once you hit right array or even enter, the
completion is selected.
the list with the already existing spots is the same as shown in the
screenshot, except the top most entry, which equals to the black,
manually entered part of the text field.
with this approach it is very easy to use a already existing name (just
hit right array and select the top most entry in the list with the
'plus' symbol) but also very intuitive to create a new divesite, with
selecting the top most entry as well. -> everybody is happy, although
Linus may hit one key more to make the completion.

/martin