Location, location, location

Richard DePas richard.depas at gmail.com
Thu Jul 16 07:43:17 PDT 2015

...So yes, there is a setting that tells you not to drop a new pin based on
> distance, but that's always distance from the last location. So if you
> move away and come back you will get more gps fixes potentially very close
> together.

Understood. Thank you for the clarification on the operation.

> ...I don't think I've ever used the manual mode, since.

I'll definitely need to give it a try the next time out. Sure sounds like a
great way to operate the companion app.

Maybe a feature request that would add a little cool factor to the
companion app would be the ability to suggest the site based on location
(would require minimal user interaction) or take it one step further and
have an button to 'Find dive sites near me'. Would really be helpful if it
could pull sites from a shared cloud repository so we could all add to it.
Planned dive site too crowded...what's close? Let me check my Subsurface
Companion App!  (Sorry for getting off topic for the current release).
--
- Rich