GSoC Status - Week 7 (Customizable prints)

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 11:46:38 PDT 2015

On 17 July 2015 at 21:36, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

>>> graphicsview-common.h:QColor getColor(const color_indice_t i, bool
>>> isGrayscale = false);
>>>
>>> so, 90% of the time we are using getColor without the isGrayscale
>>> boolean, triggering the false state.
>>> this is where you should do your stuff :)
>>>
>>> grep getColor inside qt-ui/profile and see where you should change.
>>>

>> I already tried to do this, I also added isGrayscale members in
>> DiveProfileItem, but there are some remaining elements that I couldn't
>> change into grayscale (eg. cylinder pressure curve and numbers on
>> horizontal/vertical axis) please check the screenshot attached, Am I missing
>> something?
>

> yes, in a few places we are not using the get color correctly and this needs
> to be fixed:
>
> tankitem.cpp ( see the setColorAt calls )
> rulerItem.cpp ( check for QColor usage )
> profileWidget.cpp ( check for QColor )
> diveprofileItem.cpp ( check for "     // This paints the colors of the
> velocities. " )
>
> getSacColor also doesn't takes into consideration printMode

thanks Tomaz,
i admit that when i saw that profile2 didn't support the greyscale
color table, i didn't even bother fixing this. :(

Gehad, if we can't find an easy way to preserve everything in vector
while in greyscale we may have to use the custom color table for the
profile, after all.
because having the profile and table in raster because of the
greyscale mode is a bit subpar?

mind that AFAIK, we didn't get a *single* complain that the greyscale
mode isn't working for a while.
Dirk, feature wise do we even need greyscale printing? to my
understanding having the software controlled greyscale on/off is a
convenience, but aren't modern printers supposed to have a toggle for
that (haven't used one in a while)?

lubomir