world peace and the perfect location editing widget

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 00:42:42 PDT 2015

>From the e-mails received, this sounds like a really cool
implementation. However, I seem to be suffering more corner cases /
bugs than I expected to see (but then again, I seem to be suffering
these with all the new features of Subsurface :D). I wonder if its my
data, OS or something else. Here are my notes from my brief testing:

My first test case was with incorrect GPS location from companion app
on the new dive. I have dived the same site before with correct GPS
information (or actually selected with an earlier version from the
globe map). At least with this scenario, I do see two bugs in the
current master:

1) When I change the location using the arrow keys, the globe does not
show the new location. Otherwise, this way seems to work. *** the
behavior of the globe is the same on the later test cases as well, but
I do not mention it anymore ***
2) When I select the location using mouse, I actually end up getting
the original GPS info instead of the selected one. However, this time
the globe does reflect the location I am hovering over

Next test case had GPS coordinates on the current dive from companion
app, but I attempted to add these coordinates to other dives done on
the same location.

3) Arrow keys: the GPS coordinates are lost
4) Mouse: the new dive gets the name (GPS valid on the new dive), but
old dives do not get the GPS info

It seems that when I select the completing option using the mouse, the
current dive's coordinates are used, and keyboard selection uses the
existing information, not info from current dive, no matter of what I
select from the completion list.

Additionally the UI needs some tweaking on Ubuntu (Xubuntu 15.04), as
the attached screenshot shows. And of course the undo function should
be implemented as well.

miika