GSoC Status - Week 7 (Customizable prints)

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 03:20:10 PDT 2015

On 20 July 2015 at 13:06, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 19 July 2015 at 13:23, Gehad Elrobey <gehadelrobey at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > I have fixed the gray-scale issue as we discussed, Now we always use
>> > QPrinter::setColorMode() during actual printing which produce nice
>> > grayscale
>> > prints, and use the css filter with the profile rasterization only
>> > during
>> > the previewing in the QPrintPreviewDialog with grayscale selected, I
>> > pushed
>> > the updates to my branch.
>> >

>> just pulled the latest commits (at 185eff2a60).
>>
>> the preview works as expected - rasterized when greyscale and vector
>> when in color.
>> but the actual print always ends in color for me (table and profile)!
>>
>> looking at the code the branch here is entered correctly:
>>
>> if (printOptions->color_selected && printerPtr->colorMode()) {
>>     printerPtr->setColorMode(QPrinter::Color);
>> } else {
>>     printerPtr->setColorMode(QPrinter::GrayScale); // <-------------
>> this is called when "print in color" is unchecked
>> }
>>
>> but setColorMode() simply doesn't work!
>> are you sure this works for you?
>> if it works for you but not for me, it could be Qt version specific in
>> which case setColorMode() is *completely unreliable* and we need to
>> use the raster/greyscale/css thing for the actual print as well.
>>

> Yes, setColorMode works fine for me using Qt 5.5.0 on arch linux, I have
> attached a colored and gray-scale printouts with the current settings.

ok, in that case won't use setColorMode() at all. just make it raster
for greyscale - same as the preview method and vector for color mode.
the whole greyscale thing has taken too much time already and is very
questionable on application level as most modern drivers and spoolers
should have a greyscale override anyway.

>> BTW there is something very annoying in cmake and we need to fix that...
>>

> I ll try to figure out this.

thanks.

lubomir