unable to compile

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 21 05:52:51 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 21, 2015 at 03:41:34PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 21 July 2015 at 13:23, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am getting the following error when attempting to compile on Ubuntu
> > 14.04.2LTS:
> >
> > subsurface/printer.cpp: In member function ‘void Printer::print()’:
> > subsurface/printer.cpp:144:33: error: ‘class QPrinter’ has no member
> > named ‘pageLayout’
>
> pageLayout() was added in Qt 5.3. do we need to support older Qt versions?
>
> if so, Gehad you need to add some checks like:
>
> #if (QT_VERSION >= QT_VERSION_CHECK(5, 3, 0))
> // use pageLayout()
> #else
> // don't use pageLayout()
> #endif

So I'm building the Windows and Mac binaries against 5.4 and assuming the
shortcut bug gets fixes I'll even switch to 5.5.

Bluetooth support is disabled as of a couple of commits ago if you are
building against anything older than 5.4.

I still want to be able to build on Ubuntu 14.04 and that has Qt 5.2.
So we need to either disable printing for that (and document that) or
work around the issue (even if that means a potential reduction in
functionality).

> avoiding QPageLayout::paintRect() would mean that you need to use
> something like QPrinter::pageRect(). not 100% sure if there is even
> difference between the two.

So if it's an easy workaround, let's do that. That would be nicer than
completely disabling printing for our Ubuntu 14.04 users (we have a few
hundred of them from what I can tell).