Building Subsurface/libdivecomputer

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Fri Jul 24 05:53:53 PDT 2015

I want to ask a silly question on how to build Subsurface. Currently the
only critical code required is the build.sh script that invokes git to
check out pull whatever is required. Currently I pull the Subsurface
repository to get the latest build.sh script. But I am sure there is a
much more simple way to get hold of the script than invoking the git
repository?

Secondly, it appears there may be a problem with the libdivecomputer
repository?? I get (using Ubuntu 14.04):
U    src/suunto_eonsteel_parser.c
M    src/uwatec_smart_parser.c
Pull is not possible because you have unmerged files.
Please, fix them up in the work tree, and then use 'git add/rm <file>'
as appropriate to mark resolution, or use 'git commit -a'.
error: you need to resolve your current index first
include/libdivecomputer/shearwater_petrel.h: needs merge
src/suunto_eonsteel_parser.c: needs merge
can't check out the Subsurface-testing branch of libdivecomputer --
giving up

Is anyone getting a similar error message?
Kind regards,
willem