[PULL REQUEST] GSoC Printing: part 5

Gehad Elrobey gehadelrobey at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 03:32:24 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> More from Gehad:
> - added a "Table" print template - we had this one before
> - added a "Flow" print template - as discussed at GSoC start, this one can
> span
> a dive on multiple pages
> - Import|Export|Delete of templates - as Dirk suggested
> - another bundled color scheme - a blueish one
> - more fixes/optimizations here and there
>
> Feedback is much appreciated at this point! We are reaching the point where
> we need to make the bundled templates pretty and write the docs.
>
> Some comments for Gehad:
>
> 1) I'm getting some new warnings when the app runs initially:
> QIODevice::write: device not open
> QIODevice::write: device not open
> QIODevice::write: device not open
>
> Are these from the Printing module?

I don't get those warnings, I need to check if there is illegal access to
the printdevices.

> 2) Most templates seem so have some sort of white margins at the top and
> right.
> For instance, due to the offsets in question, it makes the "Table" print
> cut
> the last dive on the current page and the first dive on the next page.
>
> Do you get these margins on your end? I can send you screenshots if needed.

Yes I do, QPrinter adds margins to the pages automatically based on printer
settings which corrupts my calculations of the page size, I will work on
that issue.

> (BTW, getting the Table print precise in the old code was very tricky and
> a time
> waster; hopefully not the case here.)
>
> 3) I know I suggested to have all the template related buttons (import,
> export,
> etc.) one bellow another, but instead I modified your patch:
> Printing: add "Import", "Export" and "Delete" buttons for templates
>
> to have them 2x2.

That's good, I didn't like them one bellow the other, the print dialog was
so narrow and tall.

> 4) Added one commit from me for safer Import|Export handling if the user
> presses "Cancel". This probably needs to be even safer, as we may need to
> check
> if the user-selected file exists.
>
> 5) Slight commit message edits for some of the patches
>
> 6) I was able to solve the cmake/make issue. It could be Windows cmake
> specific
> but to be able to run 'make' after a change without getting an error every
> single time, I wrote a script to delete the following folders in the
> 'build'
> folder:
> 'theme'
> 'printing_templates'
>
> Otherwise it just throws "Error: theme/printing_templates is a directory.".
>
> 7) If you are having problems getting the templates the same as we had them
> before just send me updates more often so that I pull, check your progress
> and comment.

I ll update you as soon as possible.

--
regards,