[PULL REQUEST] GSoC Printing: part 5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 28 08:26:19 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 06:01:08PM +0300, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 5:41 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > - having the warning triangles but no way to see their text... I think
> >   we should just not print the triangles. Opinions?
>
> In general, we should have proper icons on the profile that describe
> what the warning/alarm is about. It would make it easier to look at
> the profile on the desktop application, and I think it is essential on
> the printout (if we are to include the warnings on the printed
> profile). I have to admit that I did not yet look into this work, but
> my gut feeling is that printout with only the warning triangles gives
> more questions than it answers - so I would not print them at this
> point, only after we have describing icons for the events.

I agree.
I would love to have more descriptive icons. But I will be the first to
admit that my design skills are limited (but I am quite proud of my
Subsurface mobile icon - so there, I said it).

If we have someone who can draw scalable strong icons that are able to
capture some of the more common warnings better, go ahead. But here's my
question... what's the icon for "safety stop violation" or "remaining gas
time warning" or "ascend speed violation"?