[PULL REQUEST] GSoC Printing: part 5

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 08:34:36 PDT 2015

On 28 July 2015 at 17:41, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 12:18:36PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>

>> Feedback is much appreciated at this point! We are reaching the point where
>> we need to make the bundled templates pretty and write the docs.
>
> I am blown away. This is really great work. It's not perfect, there are
> things that I'd like to see improved, but it is such an amazing
> step forward for our printing infrastructure.

thanks, all credit goes to the student.

> Things I noticed in a few minutes of testing:
>
> - the profiles always contain the GF on the top... that should only be
>   there if we show any ceiling

my terminology is a bit lacking here. could you explain which
preferences need to be enabled for that to be observed and which
testXX.xml dive can be used for testing?
there is a flag in the profile widget class "printMode", which if set
to "true" hides certain things like the tooltip and the profile is
simply rendered the same way it looks on the user screen. this hasn't
changed from the previous printer code.

> - having the warning triangles but no way to see their text... I think
>   we should just not print the triangles. Opinions?

same as the previous printer code. perhaps we should simply hide them
with "printMode" (as Miika suggests) for now?

> - in the table template, having the location centered looks odd to me

should be fixed in the template "prettyfication" process.

> - clicking cancel while the print is being created doesn't appear to
>   interrupt it (but hey, maybe that's ok - the progress bar clearly tells
>   me what's happening)

i'm not sure if that's currently possible in a single thread, but we
may attend to it in the later stages.

lubomir