[PULL REQUEST] GSoC Printing: part 5

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 08:47:35 PDT 2015

On 28 July 2015 at 18:34, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 04:49:07PM +0200, Gehad Elrobey wrote:

>> > can span
>> >
>> > How do I switch to that?
>> >

>> Open TemplateEdit dialog by pressing 'Edit', and then choose 'Shades of
>> blue' color palette from the combo-box.
>
> That's not exactly intuitive. But once we find a color palette that's
> reasonably pleasing to the eye maybe this is not too bad...
>
> With the deepest respect to your ability as a developer, Gehad, neither of
> these two appears to be the winner, yet. We can do better than this.
>
> Which of course means that I need to design a color palette. Then Linus
> will come in and will create the ONE TRUE color palette and curse anyone
> who disagrees, after which some unknown student will create the perfect
> template that awes us all.
>
> OK, maybe I'm over-planning this one...
>
> :-)

i try to say away from color, music, food and similar debates as
everyone seems to have a preference. :-)
as a rule of thumb, the people with the highest rank and privilege
should (e.g. the client) should make the picks.

in the case of Subsurface, that would be you and Linus.

this website has a nice search engine which can be used as a starting point:
http://www.colourlovers.com/

for instance, here are some example palettes, from which we can take
only certain colors:
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/617935/Dutch_Seas
http://www.colourlovers.com/palette/1253503/shifting_sands_sea

i guess we can bundle something like 3-4-5 color schemes as a start.

lubomir