[PULL REQUEST] GSoC Printing: part 5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 28 09:26:51 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 07:09:37PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> > In my case the "toggle calculated ceilings" setting is on (as I want to
> > see those) and strangely on the screen the "GF 30/70" doesn't bother me at
> > all, but on the printout I find it odd on dives that don't have a visible
> > ceiling.
> >
> > So what someone needs to do is change the profile code to do the right
> > thing and only show that text if there actually is a ceiling shown.
> >

> ok, i understand.
> (for Gehad, to enable the ceiling graph click on the topmost toolbar
> button next to the profile)
>
> "printMode" in the profile widget doesn't hide/handle the ceiling
> graph and text, so i think the issue is different here.

Yeah, I think we just should either not print the GF at all in print mode
or at least only print it if there is any ceiling.

> for instance, test14.xml with the "Two dives" printing template has
> the calc. ceiling graph so small that's it's not visible, while only
> the GF X/Y text is visible.
>
> are you experiencing the same issue?

That's part of it. The bigger issue for me is that GF x/y is printed even
if there is no ceiling at all. And that's kinda strange.

BTW: I have added SampleDivesV2.ssrf a while ago that contains a more
representative selection of dives. I think that one is better for testing
of the user experience than the test dives, many if which were added ages
ago to test a specific new feature and are kind of odd in other ways...

> >> same as the previous printer code. perhaps we should simply hide them
> >> with "printMode" (as Miika suggests) for now?
> >
> > Yes. Please.
>
> how about the other icon with mouse over tooltip text like ":flag"?

As Miika said, the gas change icons make sense. The flag for bookmark
maybe makes sense, too. The triangles are pointless without explanation.