[PULL REQUEST] GSoC Printing: part 5

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 10:35:33 PDT 2015

On 28 July 2015 at 19:26, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 07:09:37PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> > In my case the "toggle calculated ceilings" setting is on (as I want to
>> > see those) and strangely on the screen the "GF 30/70" doesn't bother me at
>> > all, but on the printout I find it odd on dives that don't have a visible
>> > ceiling.
>> >
>> > So what someone needs to do is change the profile code to do the right
>> > thing and only show that text if there actually is a ceiling shown.
>> >

>> ok, i understand.
>> (for Gehad, to enable the ceiling graph click on the topmost toolbar
>> button next to the profile)
>>
>> "printMode" in the profile widget doesn't hide/handle the ceiling
>> graph and text, so i think the issue is different here.
>
> Yeah, I think we just should either not print the GF at all in print mode
> or at least only print it if there is any ceiling.
>
>> for instance, test14.xml with the "Two dives" printing template has
>> the calc. ceiling graph so small that's it's not visible, while only
>> the GF X/Y text is visible.
>>
>> are you experiencing the same issue?
>
> That's part of it. The bigger issue for me is that GF x/y is printed even
> if there is no ceiling at all. And that's kinda strange.

i have no idea how are we going to hide the GF text based on no how
small the ceiling graph is.
but this is generic profile problem, as i'm able to visually reproduce
that in the application window as well by resizing the profile to be
way too small.
(i.e. GF visible, ceiling not visible).

> BTW: I have added SampleDivesV2.ssrf a while ago that contains a more
> representative selection of dives. I think that one is better for testing
> of the user experience than the test dives, many if which were added ages
> ago to test a specific new feature and are kind of odd in other ways...

>> > Yes. Please.
>>
>> how about the other icon with mouse over tooltip text like ":flag"?
>
> As Miika said, the gas change icons make sense. The flag for bookmark
> maybe makes sense, too. The triangles are pointless without explanation.

ok, only hiding the triangles for now.
Gehad, basically Dirk wants us hide the warning! triangles on the
profile when in "printMode".
to do that, DiveEventItem::setupPixmap() has and example of which icon
is used based on the event name/type.

to skip the rendering of an event icon go to
ProfileWidget2::plotDive() and find the following loop:
while (event) {
   DiveEventItem *item = new DiveEventItem();

this item needs not to be created if it's setPixmap() method is about
to use ":warning" and if printMode=true.

SampleDivesV2.ssrf/test14.xml have warning triangles in the profile.
also please, go through the thread and grab the rest of the feature requests.

like:
> - in the table template, having the location centered looks odd to me

thanks
lubomir