[PULL REQUEST] GSoC Printing: part 5

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jul 28 11:18:55 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 08:35:33PM +0300, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:

> > That's part of it. The bigger issue for me is that GF x/y is printed even
> > if there is no ceiling at all. And that's kinda strange.
> >

> i have no idea how are we going to hide the GF text based on no how
> small the ceiling graph is.
> but this is generic profile problem, as i'm able to visually reproduce
> that in the application window as well by resizing the profile to be
> way too small.
> (i.e. GF visible, ceiling not visible).

Well, yes, that is true. But my comment was slightly different.

Most recreational dives will have no ceiling. The diver never gets to a
point where the deco calculation would prevent a straight ascent to the
surface. In those cases, where there never IS any ceiling, there we
shouldn't show the GF. This is non-trivial and not exactly related to
printing. So let's just leave this to someone else to figure out (probably
me).