Grantlee problems

Robert Helling helling at lmu.de
Wed Jul 29 02:05:58 PDT 2015

Hi,

as I said already on IRC, somehow, on my Mac, grantlee does not fill in the template (no dive data is entered). In addition I get some error messages on the console which do not tell me a lot and also the data types that come with grantlee are also not easy for me to look into with the debugger. Here is what happens in detail. I am single stepping through printer.cpp.

In line 87 	Grantlee::Template t = m_engine->loadByName(PrintOptions->p_template);

This produces the error

QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is Grantlee::Parser(0x7fff5fbfb8f8), parent's thread is QThread(0x104d2da60), current thread is QThread(0x11d4b9240)
QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is Grantlee::Parser(0x7fff5fbfb8f8), parent's thread is QThread(0x104d2da60), current thread is QThread(0x11d4b9240)
QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread

I don’t know how threads enter here but maybe this is the progress bar? I had a similar error before when trying to show a modal dialog from a thread that was not the main thread. But this is how far my experience takes me.

Then a bit later, in line 92
	htmlContent = t->render(&c);

I get the error
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype
Don't know how to handle metatype

Where the number of repeats seems to be somehow related to which dives I try to print and how many. Too bad I cannot step into this with the debugger and also c fails to give any useful information beyond containing a d_ptr to some address.

Then I get a printout but it is just the template without any data filled in.

Any ideas how I can proceed from here?

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
                      Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
                      http://www.atdotde.de

Enhance your privacy, use cryptography! My PGP keys have fingerprints
A9D1 A01D 13A5 31FA 6515  BB44 0820 367C 36BC 0C1D    and
DCED 37B6 251C 7861 270D  5613 95C7 9D32 9A8D 9B8F