Grantlee problems

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Thu Jul 30 13:36:53 PDT 2015

On Wednesday 29 July 2015 11:05:58 Robert Helling wrote:
> (Parent is Grantlee::Parser(0x7fff5fbfb8f8), parent's thread is
> QThread(0x104d2da60), current thread is QThread(0x11d4b9240)
> QObject::setParent: Cannot set parent, new parent is in a different thread
>
> I don’t know how threads enter here but maybe this is the progress bar? I
> had a similar error before when trying to show a modal dialog from a thread
> that was not the main thread. But this is how far my experience takes me.
>
> Then a bit later, in line 92
>         htmlContent = t->render(&c);
>
> I get the error
> Don't know how to handle metatype

The errors are related. Since there was a threading issue, the signal-slot
connections changed from direct connection to queued, which in turn requires
handling the copy of the types.

Let's first fix the threading problem.

Please run subsurface with QT_FATAL_WARNINGS=1 and give us a backtrace of that
warning complaining threading issue. Since we're talking about threading
issues, an all-thread backtrace would be adviseable (gdb command: "t a a bt")
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358