request to remove threads from subsurface archive

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Jun 3 10:03:52 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jun 03, 2015 at 12:43:55PM -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Emmanuelle QUILLEROU <
> emmanuelle_quillerou at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
> >  Dear Sir/Madam,
> >
> > Could you please remove the following threads from the mail-archive, or
> > anonymise them (ie remove my eamil address and last name)? These correspond
> > to at least msg03329 and msg03437 on the mail-archive.
> >
> >  Request for help to import data from J-Trak to SubSurface
> > <https://www.mail-archive.com/subsurface%40hohndel.org/msg03329.html>
> > 2014-06-20
> > <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=subsurface%40hohndel.org&q=date:20140620&o=newest>
> >  Thread
> > <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=subsurface%40hohndel.org&q=subject:%22Request+for+help+to+import+data+from+J%5C-Trak+to+SubSurface%22&o=newest>
> >  Emmanuelle QUILLEROU
> > <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=subsurface%40hohndel.org&q=from:%22Emmanuelle+QUILLEROU%22&o=newest>
> >
> >  Re: Request for help to import data from J-Trak to SubSurface
> > <https://www.mail-archive.com/subsurface%40hohndel.org/msg03437.html>
> > 2014-06-24
> > <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=subsurface%40hohndel.org&q=date:20140624&o=newest>
> >  Thread
> > <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=subsurface%40hohndel.org&q=subject:%22Request+for+help+to+import+data+from+J%5C-Trak+to+SubSurface%22&o=newest>
> >  Linus Torvalds
> > <https://www.mail-archive.com/search?l=subsurface%40hohndel.org&q=from:%22Linus+Torvalds%22&o=newest>
> >
> > My apologies for the inconvenience this may cause.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Emma
> >

> Emma, I'm not sure, but I think that's impossible.

Oh, I thought this was entirely obvious. I have no control over
mail-archive.com nor over any of the other archives out there.

The funniest part of all this is that of course the email requesting to
remove the emails is now also archived and also contains your name.

If you don't want your name out on the internet I'd recommend not
including it in your email...