trivia for the day

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Jun 5 10:24:19 PDT 2015

Based on the connections my servers are getting from Subsurface binaries
that are checking for upgrades we have just crossed 4000 users who are
using binaries that we distribute (so Windows, Mac, plus the RPMs and DEBs
that I build for the big distribution). This number does not include
people who build from source or get binaries through their distro (Arch
Linux, etc).

For the binaries the breakdown is ~2/3 Windows, ~1/5 Mac, ~1/8 Linux.
Within Linux the vast majority is Ubuntu (about 80% of the Linux users or
about 1/10 of all of the users running our binaries).

Not world domination, but a pretty decent user base.