[GSoC status] Week 2 (Native Bluetooth support)

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 03:55:49 PDT 2015

Hi there,

If you read the e-mail from Thiago this week I did some tests with some
old/new versions of Qt and BlueZ to see if the functionalities needed in
our project work well.

The results seem promising and I couldn't find anything blocking our
project. The only thing that doesn't cover our needs is the implementation
of
an agent used for the pairing interaction. This will be necessary for
embedded
devices which requires a specific PIN code. We will need to do some extra
work to
implement it using the low-level BlueZ/Windows API.

I did some research and  both frameworks expose some methods which can
be used in this scenario. I don't know what to say about the OSX platforms.
The capabilities needed for development are available but I don't have an
environment which I can use.

The pairing step must be done only once, when you connect a new device
to the computer. Therefore I believe that this won't affect too much user's

interactivity if it will be done manually.

Should I do that extra effort for the implementation of a pairing agent now?
Or I should start to investigate how I can integrate/use libdivecomputer's
parser?

Best wishes,
Claudiu