Dive site management on daily build 4.4.2.669

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:04:18 PDT 2015

#4 I'm not able to read a logbook file V3 saved with daily build 544. Ouch
:/
Nothing special but really we should start thinking to a safe migration
path for the average joe who doesn't RTFM and save logbook by definition.

#5 Opening Subsurface with the latest dive without location set, it zoom on
the Guinea Gulf and I cannot zoom immediately. I can zoom only after
several mouse wheel rotation. After that it moves immediately. I do not
know what's happening.

#6 Adding coordinates form Subsurface webservice (this is really
complicated)

There are several use cases

   1. (happy day scenario) It's really a new dive: I download gps data and
   an "autocreated dive" is added on the map. I can later edit the name and I
   cand find it on divesites.

   2. It's a dive I already have done but I haven't a gps point. Subsurface
   already imported this location as divesite. This time I was enough clever
   to start the magic companion app so I have gps data and I can update my
   divesite!
   UI gives me two choices:

   1. I select form location field the divesite I already entered and then
      I download gps data. I expect to update the current divesite
with my brand
      new gps point but it's not.
      I find on the map a dive location with two rows: "Auto created
      dive\nDivesite name".

      2. I download gps data (everything is ok, an "auto created dive is
      placed on the map")
      then I select a divesite name from location field.
      Divesite name is retained but maps zoom out in the hyperspace.
      If I search for the gps point on the map I can find the "autocreated
      dive" mark but I don't know who is the "owner".

Actually with the current UI, above cases could generate other
strange/impossible cases: On #1 I can:

   1. select divesite
         2. I do not save it leaving the blue panel "save/discard" active
         3. download gps data...

         I obtain a mix of the above use cases. I know that it's impossible
         but we should avoid the user will walk these paths.

PS

I see I have some divesite duplicated. I should investigate into the file
why during the import they were duplicated. Form the UI right now I cannot
see gps point.

For today I cannot continue.
If you prefer I can file all of these as trac tickets.

Bye