Dive site management on daily build 4.4.2.669

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Tue Jun 9 12:22:26 PDT 2015

On 09 Jun 2015, at 21:07, Davide DB <dbdavide at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,
> > Happens all the time. You download dives from your dive computer.
> > None of the dives will have a dive site, right?
>
> Yes but I considered this as a temporary status. I mean until I choose a dive site or (in your workflow) until I add a new one. IMHO I will never save a logbook with a dive without a dive site.

there are other situations as well, for example dives from the planner also come without dive site (and you might want to save them without coming up with a hypothetical dive site name).

I think it is good practice not to assume any data do be present as doing otherwise might imply inconsistencies.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
    stupid .sig\n";   http://www.atdotde.de