Good grantlee source code site?

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jun 9 15:56:23 PDT 2015

The current git code no longer builds for me out of the box, and it's
for a silly reason: it tries to fetch the grantlee source code from
gitorious.org, and that fails.

I get

    Cloning into 'grantlee'...

for that git://gitorious.org/grantlee/grantlee remote.

I did find a copy of grantlee on github, but that one lacks the v5.0.0
tag so the build still fails. I added a fake v5.0.0 tag myself (it
looks like that github grantlee copy has v5.0.0 as its HEAD), and that
does get subsurface building and working for me, but it seems to be a
pretty bad hack.

I think the gitorious.org problem may be related to this:

  "Gitorious is being acquired by GitLab and gitorious.org will shut
down end of May"

I'm just surprised that it works for Dirk at all (but I suspect it's
because Dirk already had pre-populated his grantlee repo earlier).

Maybe the gitorious problem is temporary, and I just hit unlucky
timing. Does that thing work for others?

                    Linus