Cloud storage

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Jun 9 21:13:04 PDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 09, 2015 at 07:55:19PM -0700, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Store things locally to a git repository with branch name as the email
> address you provided earlier.
> Go to that folder and do
> git remote add cloud https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/<your email>
> You should now be able to push to that remote.
> git push cloud <your email address>
>
> In theory Subsurface should be able to open that repository but when I
> just tried it I realized that this appears to be broken. I need to dig
> into this a bit more to figure out where it goes wrong.

Found it. I had only tested this before I decided to use the full email
address, including the '@' sign, as repository name. Maybe that's a
mistake after all - I can always change it back.

Right now I fixed the parsing code that was looking for the embedded user
name in an https:// based git "filename".

I'll trigger new daily builds so this is something people can test.

But as I said, right now you need to actually populate the git repository
manually...

I'll create a sample repository with
email address: ssrftest at hohndel.org
and password:  geheim
so you can test opening the cloud storage repository. Just configure that
email/password in preferences and go to File->Cloud storage open and you
should be able to open the remote repository (which contains our test
dives). Please note that this does NOT work behind a reverse proxy
(stupidly libgit2 isn't able to deal with proxies - so our setup works
fine behind a proxy, but the the remote storage fails, even though it uses
https transport :-(

OK, enough for now. Have fun with this and let me know what you think,
please