Dive site management on daily build 4.4.2.669

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:20:38 PDT 2015

> On 10 Jun 2015, at 17:52, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 03:49:35PM +0000, Benjamin wrote:
>> Maybe if the dives are withing something smaller than 5 metres then merge
>> them?
>
> Yes, even < 10m seems like obviously the same spot.
> 50m is more questionable in my mind.
>
> what do others think?
>
> /D

I can see a problem emerging if we are that narrow in the distance differential when merging sites.

Wreck diving, depending on wind and surface currents the location of the dive boat might easily differ 50m or so even if the target for the dive is the same.
So two divers diving the same wreck on subsequent days will then get different locations for the same dive site.

Or should we notify the user that there exists a site within our extended (50m radius) distance and ask if it is the same?

/Jocke