Dive site management on daily build 4.4.2.669

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 10:25:38 PDT 2015

> On 10 Jun 2015, at 17:46, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> But what if this is for example a wreck site and the user carefully
> specifies the exact GPS coordinates for the different entry points?
> But then, I guess, they'll have different names.

Most likely yes.

> So we could have some logic that says "if it's the same name and the GPS
> distance is less than 50m, merge them". What GPS spot do we then pick? One
> of the two (or more) GPS spots that the user had? Or some average of them?
>
> I have several dives at Blue Corner in Palau. As it turns out there are
> several starting points for that dive and if you look closely on the globe
> you can see the different spots on the reef where we started the dive.
> I don't think I WANT them to get merged, nor would I want some average
> spot picked for them.

That is a tricky one.
The simple solution is to give them different names, especially if you get access to unique sections from that specific starting point.
On the other hand, diving site A from left to right rather than right to left, is still the same dive site even if the entry points differ.

> Not a simple problem...
>
> /D

/Jocke