git backend: actually update local cache from remote

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Jun 11 06:26:43 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 09:08:02AM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> I look forward to use this feature asap (as soon as it doesn't byte me)
> I edit my logbook from three different machine and it's a PITA pying
> attention to keep them in sync.

I think we will be there, soon.

> I do not like DropBox. Actually I like it but I do not like to donate
> my personal data to another stakeholder on the net.
> In my workplace we have strict proxy/firewall rules hence Dropbox
> works but google drive not.

What kind of proxy? Does it require authentication?
As I mentioned, right now in libgit2 master that doesn't work, yet, but
there appears to be hope.

> I think that as a starting point a straigh simple approache as Dirk
> suggested is enough.

Please look through the email I just sent. I really want to get the user
experience right here...

> It's a shame that Subsurface has not a fixed status bar: we could have
> some icons there showing if you are connected/disconneted and if your
> local repo is updated or not (my main concern).
> From the main menu we could have a choice to manually fire up a push
> on the remote.

We don't have a status bar right now in order to avoid wasting screen real
estate. But I could see adding a symbol in the corner or something that
isn't in the way... something to play with.