git backend: actually update local cache from remote

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 08:29:58 PDT 2015

On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 3:23 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Subsurface preference asks you "automatic or manual sync to cloud".
> If you are in manual mode, you have to manually start a "sync to cloud"
> from the menu.
>
> If you are in automatic mode, Subsurface acts like this:
> - if there is network connectivity, it displays a spinner and prevents
>   modifications in the UI when opening or saving the data file
> - if there is no network connectivity, it displays a message somewhere
>   that cloud sync is currently not available

If I understood well the whole process when working with a remote repository.

I save my edit in the local repository via normal Ctrl+S hence local
repository is updated but the remote could not.
On the other hand I could have my edit not saved in local repository
(still in application memory)  but local repo is in sync with the
remote one.

I could imagine using a classic star sign after the logbook name to
signal if it's modified or not. I mena the logbook name on the window
titlebar
johndoe-logbook.xml (saved)
johndoe-logbook.xml* (non saved)

Then we could have a small round dot like a led (green/red) on the
window right upper side to signal if the local repo is in sync with
remote repository.

We have a small space used from main menu between title bar and profile graph.

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos