cloud storage

Joakim Bygdell j.bygdell at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 07:06:54 PDT 2015

> On 13 Jun 2015, at 15:53, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>

>> On Jun 13, 2015, at 1:26 AM, Joakim Bygdell <j.bygdell at gmail.com <mailto:j.bygdell at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>

>>> On 12 Jun 2015, at 23:09, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org <mailto:dirk at hohndel.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I just pushed a bunch of changes to the cloud storage.
>>>
>>> This should be ready for testing now.
>>>

>> Creating stuff via the preferences went without a hitch in the sense that it did not generate any errors.
>
> Yes, and I can see your storage has been created
>
>> Selecting “Cloud storage open” from file menu gives me this error message.
>>
>> git clone of https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com <https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com> failed (Failed to make directory '/Library/Application Support/Subsurface': Permission denied)
>
> Why would it try to create this directory in /Library? It should create it in ~/Library
> (and there you should definitely have permission to create it... it's where by default
> we create your .XML / .ssrf file as well. Very strange. From the logs on my side
> you are on 10.10 just as I am (I'm on my iMac this morning, not on my Linux box
> so I figured I'd test from this machine as well.
>
> I'll investigate this bug, too

Another thing, once I created the Subsurface folder under “/Library/Application Support/“, subsurface created a new folder named Subsurface in the one I created.
Generating structure like : “/Library/Application Support/Subsurface/Subsurface"

>> Unable to open git repository at 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com[j.bygdell@gmail.com]' <https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com[j.bygdell@gmail.com]'>
>> Failed to read 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com[j.bygdell@gmail.com]' <https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com[j.bygdell@gmail.com]'>
>> The target directory on Mac should be "~/Library/Application Support/Subsurface" as the user don’t have write access to "/Library/Application Support".
>
> Yep
>
>> After manual creating the Subsurface directory under “/Library/Application Support" I get the following error when I try to open the cloud repository.
>>
>> git clone of https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com <https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com> failed (Reference 'refs/remotes/origin/j.bygdell at gmail.com <mailto:refs/remotes/origin/j.bygdell at gmail.com>' not found)
>> Unable to open git repository at 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com[j.bygdell@gmail.com]' <https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com[j.bygdell@gmail.com]'>
>> Failed to read 'https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com[j.bygdell@gmail.com]' <https://cloud.subsurface-divelog.org/git/j.bygdell@gmail.com%5Bj.bygdell@gmail.com%5D'>
> This appears to be the issue I just mentioned in my email to Willem.
> It seems that somehow the initial creation of the branch failed. I can
> try to fix this.
>
>> Interesting though, I can do a manual clone of the cloud repo from a terminal.
>
> Which branch are you cloning? If I look in your repo it doesn't appear
> to have a branch initialized…

I just tested the connectivity using the same actions as in the error message to se if it where a user:password related error.

> Thank you, Joakim, for testing this. This is the only way we'll get this to a
> useful state - if people play with it and help me identify all the bugs.
>
> I'll try to get things to work "from scratch" with a new account on my Mac
> and let you know as I make progress
>
> /D

/Jocke