cloud storage

Robert C. Helling helling at atdotde.de
Sat Jun 13 14:11:58 PDT 2015

Hi,

I was having the same problems as Jocke and i believe I at least somewhat understand what is going on.

First of all, the error message about the missing ref is indeed due to the fact that the pristine repository does not contain any branch. Manually creating that branch there makes it go away and it works from then on (™).

> On 13 Jun 2015, at 18:20, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>
> I'd love for you to set a breakpoint in system_default_directory() and
> figure out what's going on there...

This seems to be a problem with the QStandardPaths on Mac. I had encountered this before when writing he image cashes but then forgot about it after I manually created a Subsurface subdirctory.

Here on OSX 10.10.3 (but as I said, this is older) with Qt5.4, QStandardPaths for AppDataLocation gives for me

("/Library/Application Support/Subsurface/Subsurface", "/Library/Application Support/Subsurface/Subsurface", "/Users/helling/test/subsurface/build/Subsurface.app/„)

And initially /Library/Application Support/Subsurface does not exist (no problem with that, that is documented) but

$ ls -ld /Library/Application\ Support/
drwxr-xr-x  13 root  admin  442 May  7 22:57 /Library/Application Support/

i.e. the ordinary user cannot create subdirectories there (subsurface tries this but fails). You have to do it manually with sudo.

Using WritablePaths is not better either since it also gives the first result. Honestly, I don’t know what to do about this. We could, for Mac, hard code the path to ~/Library/Application Support/Subsurface but besides that I don’t know. I would tend to blame Qt for this problem but it could be Apple’s as well.

Best
Robert