daily build of subsurface hangs (reproducable for me)

Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr mike at cluon.priv.at
Sat Jun 13 15:41:36 PDT 2015

hi!

i just played around with the daily subsurface build on ubuntu, and i
have managed to hang (and then crash) subsurface.

i started subsurface, loaded in my logfile (.xml) from my mac (where i
usually use subsurface), und then selected the first dive. i clicked on
Log->Edit dive in planner. i get a warning "trying to edit dive which was
not planned", with OK and Cancel. when i click on OK, subsurface hangs
and after 20 seconds or so segfaults.

another interesting observation:
if i start subsurface, and it has no logbook open, i can't import my
.xml file (via Import->Import log file), but i can open it. no
hangs/crashes there, just no action. and creating a new logbook does
not seem to make a difference.

if i open my logbook via File->Open logbook, i can then import the same
.xml file via Import->Import log file correctly (and thereby duplicate
all my dives).

and one last question:
i know that subsurface stores files in ~/.config/Subsurface and
~/.local/share/Subsurface. are there any other places that i need to look
at?

--
Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr  | ignorami: n: The BOFH art of folding problem
<mike+sig at cluon.priv.at> |           lusers into representational shapes.