daily build of subsurface hangs (reproducable for me)

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Jun 13 15:44:36 PDT 2015

> On Jun 13, 2015, at 3:41 PM, Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr <mike at cluon.priv.at> wrote:
>
> hi!
>
> i just played around with the daily subsurface build on ubuntu, and i
> have managed to hang (and then crash) subsurface.
>
> i started subsurface, loaded in my logfile (.xml) from my mac (where i
> usually use subsurface), und then selected the first dive. i clicked on
> Log->Edit dive in planner. i get a warning "trying to edit dive which was
> not planned", with OK and Cancel. when i click on OK, subsurface hangs
> and after 20 seconds or so segfaults.
>
> another interesting observation:
> if i start subsurface, and it has no logbook open, i can't import my
> .xml file (via Import->Import log file), but i can open it. no
> hangs/crashes there, just no action. and creating a new logbook does
> not seem to make a difference.
>
> if i open my logbook via File->Open logbook, i can then import the same
> .xml file via Import->Import log file correctly (and thereby duplicate
> all my dives).

Those are great finds...
Would you mind adding them (each individually) as entries in our bug tracker
(trac.subsurface-divelog.org <http://trac.subsurface-divelog.org/>)? That would massively increase the likelihood
that we'll address them soon.

> and one last question:
> i know that subsurface stores files in ~/.config/Subsurface and
> ~/.local/share/Subsurface. are there any other places that i need to look
> at?

On Linux those are the two places we should create files "behind the curtains".