GSoC Status - Week 3 (VPM-B)

Jan Darowski jan.darowski at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 14:14:00 PDT 2015

Hi!
This week I spent a lot of time on getting results similar to the
original vpm-b code. Hunting calculation bugs was a nightmare.

Good news:
Constant parameters are now adjusted to the Subsurface units used in deco.
Previous saturation calculation works fine and gives results almost
the same as vpm-b, Schreiner equation based implementation.
We can now calculate initial vpm-b supersaturation.

Bad news:
Crushing pressure calculation gives results a little bit different
than the original code, I'm still hunting it.

Plans:
I think the worst part is behind me, We have two weeks before the
midterm evaluation and I believe  that the algorithm will be working
fine to this time.

Jan Darowski