[GSoC] Week 3 (Native Bluetooth support)

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sun Jun 14 14:19:39 PDT 2015

On 14-06-15 21:56, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> On Jun 14, 2015, at 12:00 PM, Claudiu Olteanu
>> Do you have any suggestions how to do that? Do you
>> believe that this is a bad idea? Should I give up with the
>> Qt Bluetooth API and move further?
>
> I think you should consider just using the parser from
> libdivecomputer and doing the downloading entirely
> in Subsurface.

A quick and dirty intermediate solution might be to re-implement the serial
interface using the Qt bluetooth api, and then compile that one instead of
libdivecomputer's own serial code. Of course this is not something we can use
immediately, but it does give Claudiu an opportunity to get familiar with all
the bluetooth stuf without having to re-implement any dive computer
communication protocol.

Another alternative is something like I did in my bluetooth prototype: pick one
dive computer backend (for the test device Claudiu has) and #ifdef all
serial_*() calls to replace them with the bluetooth ones.

Jef