[GSoC] Week 3 (Native Bluetooth support)

Claudiu Olteanu olteanu.vasilica.claudiu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 02:19:32 PDT 2015

Ok. In the beginning I will try to implement the downloading
entirely in Subsurface and re-implement the dive computer
protocol for HW OSTC family.

To be honest I believe that a better idea would be to
continue the work you started and to use directly
the BlueZ stack instead of Qt Bluetooth API. In this
way I won't re-implement the dive computer communication
protocol, I will add Bluetooth support to libdivecomputer
and I will use it in the Subsurface project.
The only thing I can't imagine is how libdivecomputer
will expose functionalities like pairing/scanning/hci control.

If these functionalities are not intended to be exposed,
then I can use the Qt Bluetooth API to implement them in
the Subsurface project and pass the address of the remote
device to libdivecomputer.

Claudiu