Dive Site Duplicates [was Re: Dive site management on daily build 4.4.2.669]

Davide DB dbdavide at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 06:10:36 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> That's not what I think is the RIGHT behavior and I thought I fixed that.
> At first that's what I implemented then after the discussions here I came
> to the conclusion that we should ONLY turn multiple locations into the
> same dive site if they have the identical name - otherwise the user will
> experience the surprising "change of the dive name" that you describe.
>
> I'll need to check why my fix was insufficient.

Let me see what happens if I convert V2/V3 again with the latest build.

BTW maybe I found another small bug but again I should run the import
again on the latest build:

I had three dives for the same location name and GPS. They were merged
correctly but for every die it added a countrytag into the notes
(three dives = three countrytags)

<site uuid='59a1f629' name='Riva di Traiano - P.fo ADERNO'
gps='42.065467 11.775687' notes='countrytag: Italy countrytag: Italy
countrytag: Italy'/>

--
Davide
https://vimeo.com/bocio/videos