Dive Site Duplicates [was Re: Dive site management on daily build 4.4.2.669]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Jun 15 06:20:37 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 03:10:36PM +0200, Davide DB wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 15, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > That's not what I think is the RIGHT behavior and I thought I fixed that.
> > At first that's what I implemented then after the discussions here I came
> > to the conclusion that we should ONLY turn multiple locations into the
> > same dive site if they have the identical name - otherwise the user will
> > experience the surprising "change of the dive name" that you describe.
> >
> > I'll need to check why my fix was insufficient.
>
> Let me see what happens if I convert V2/V3 again with the latest build.

Oh, if this was converted more than about a week ago then I know exactly
what happened. For a while during the current development phase Subsurface
did indeed stupidly combine all locations with the same GPS coordinates
into one dive site and just accumulated the names.

I only fixed this after our renewed discussion about a week ago.

> BTW maybe I found another small bug but again I should run the import
> again on the latest build:

Yes, please. I'd really appreciate this. Subsurface should have created a
V2 backup file when you did the conversion.

> I had three dives for the same location name and GPS. They were merged
> correctly but for every die it added a countrytag into the notes
> (three dives = three countrytags)

Yes, I've seen this in my tests as well. Definitely a bug that's not
fixed, yet - but then we are changing that part of the dive site
implementation, anyway.